Finance ClerkK'uL GROUP — PENTICTON, BC
Penticton — Full-time
The Finance Clerk is a full time position reporting to the Controller. Under the direction of the Controller, the Finance Clerk will be responsible for a wide array of accounting and financial duties which includes supporting the day to day accounting functions, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, ensuring effective and accurate financial and administrative operations. This position is also responsible for supporting project work as assigned.
- Review and analysis
- Team Work
- Time management and organizing
- Ethics and integrity
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- Following rules and regulations
- Development and continual learning
Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Clerk is responsible for the day to day management of bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable of the K’uL Group, which include the following duties:
- reconcile bank reconciliations daily for all assigned entities
- administer accounts payable for all assigned entities
- perform AP duties by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices
- responsible for the efficient operation of AP functions including prioritization and time management
- maintain and clear filing to archives and destroy old documents within established timelines
- ensure timely payments in accordance with authorization levels and contract obligations
- administer AR for all assigned entities
- Grade 12 and a recognized 2 year diploma in accounting
- Two years of recent related experience in a computerized accounting environment, one of which must be in a computerized accounts payable environment
- Proficiency in Quickbooks software
- Solid understanding of office procedures, bookkeeping and accounts payable principles
- Proficiency in Gsuite and hands on experience with spreadsheets
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Reconcile Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable ledgers to ensure that all funds are accounted for and properly posted
- Investigating and resolving any irregularities or inquiries
- Responsible for all aspects of customer invoicing
- Contribute to developing processes to ensure the smooth running of finance functions
- Assist with calendar and fiscal year end activities as directed by the Controller.
- Reconcile daily bank statements and process daily cash sheet entries and receipts.
- Assist external auditors, as necessary, during their visits
- Carry out other duties and special non routine assignments as assigned by the Controller
- Compile and maintain up to date procedure manuals
- Ability to work under pressure, time constraints and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills – oral and written
Other Certification, Licenses, Designations and/or Training:
- Must possess a valid class 5 BC Driver’s license
- Proficiency with MS office and similar software
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check
Minimum Level of Experience
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in an Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Bank Reconciliations role.
Personality Traits (required to be successful in this position)
- Maintains standards of conduct
- Takes initiative
- Demonstrates sound work ethics
- Consistent and fair
- Ability to prioritize
- Friendly and Courteous
- Flexible to meet timelines
- Respectful and culturally sensitive to Indigenous issues
- Knowledgeable of First Nations, or specifically the PIB, communities, nation, & history.
- Busy office setting;
- Constant time pressures to organize and meet deadlines;
- High volume of communication demands (telephone calls, emails);
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop and peripherals;
- Exposure to fatigue and strain from prolonged periods of sitting and keyboarding;
- Exposure to stress related time pressure, multiple demands;
- Overtime may be required.
Other K’uL Group Opportunities
At K’uL Construction, we relate our success directly to the strength of our team. To continue operating at these standards, we’re seeking an experienced Carpenter. The Carpenter is responsible for constructing and maintaining residences and buildings. The Carpenter is...
At K’uL Construction LP, we relate our success directly to the strength of our team. To continue operating at these standards, we’re seeking an experienced Journeymen Carpenter. The Journeymen Carpenter under the direction of the Site Superintendent is responsible...
At K’uL Construction, we relate our success directly to the strength of our team. To continue operating at these standards, we’re seeking an experienced Concrete Former. The Concrete Former will smooth and finish freshly poured concrete, apply curing or surface...
Westhills Aggregates slowly developed and built up a civil works team, and now has formed its own division, as Westhills Civil. Westhills Civil, through its parent company, K’uL Group now has years of work ahead of it and requires Pipe Layers to join the team. Key...
Deadline: Friday April 25 at 4 p.m.
Please email resume, cover letter and attach references to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.