At K’uL Construction LP, we relate our success directly to the strength of our team. To continue operating at these standards, we’re seeking an experienced Journeymen Carpenter. The Journeymen Carpenter under the direction of the Site Superintendent is responsible for building, restoring and/or installing of structural woodwork and related materials. This position requires knowledge of the construction industry. Specifically, the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety associated with this industry. The Journeymen Carpenter must be proficient at the following tasks: stain-grade trim work, layout for stairs and common rafters, reading blueprints, and must possess mathematical and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates.
- Construct chutes, forms and align form panels for pouring concrete
- Observe and comply with all health and safety regulations and ensures any apprentices under your direction comply
- Lay building foundations
- Confirm trueness of structures, with a plumb bob and level
- Framing, concrete work, finishing skills
- May be required to build trestles, bridges towers and other structures
- Operate and maintain carpentry tools and equipment
- Keep a daily log of tasks
- Respect and respond to direction given
- Setup scaffolding as needed
- Guide and teach apprentices ensuring they are preforming task correctly.
- Perform other related duties, including minor duties of other trades where certification is not required and the work does not exceed own limitations
- Understand and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
For more information, please click here to view the job posting.