Posting Date: June 3, 2020
Reports to: Pit Operations Foreman
The K’uL Management Group was formed to foster the development of a sustainable economy for the Penticton Indian Band. K’uL Group is the “for profit” business investment and development division of the Penticton Indian Band and is the umbrella organization that holds the corporate business investments; it is responsible for the overall management of the band’s business portfolio
Established in 1992, Westhills Aggregates specializes in the production and processing of sand and gravel, with an emphasis on crushing and screening of construction aggregates. In addition to the trucking and delivery of aggregates, Westhills Aggregates also conducts civil and earthworks construction, including road maintenance, site preparation, excavation, snow plowing/removal, water line and septic system installations.
Westhills Aggregates LP is looking to hire a skilled Loader Operator on a 6 month term.
Reporting to the Pit Operations Foreman, the Loader Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently loading all incoming vehicles/equipment, making sure that materials are not being cross contaminated. This position is an important role in the Pit as it requires communication with customers and/or contract clients.
- Operate and care for production equipment and machines
- Quality control
- Help other equipment operators and skilled labourers when necessary
- Pre/Post trips, all documentation of equipment inspections
- Daily road conditioning as needed
- Adhere to all safe practices and procedures
- Completing maintenance repair forms, ensuring primary maintenance (daily fueling, greasing, etc.)
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping
- Ensure the products are up to quality standard, and meet all necessary specifications.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary
- Perform site clean-up
- Positive Attitude
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- Operating equipment
- Document daily productions and turn in reports daily
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 year’s experience operating a Front-End Loader
- Minimum 3 year’s experience operating a Screener
- Completion of high-school
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Have mechanical aptitude
- Have a positive attitude and a good character
- Strong work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work safely with a wide variety of hand and power tools as well as materials
- Ability to transfer instructions into action efficiently
- Previous experience in the construction industry
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Ability to work independently
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Tight working spaces
- Will work in all weather conditions
- Overtime as required
K’uL Group of companies offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a great team and respectful work environment. If you are qualified and looking for an exciting and rewarding career respond with Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of: Manager, Human Resources, Email: [email protected].
The closing date for this competition is: June 17, 2020
The K’uL Management Group of companies provides equal employment opportunities to all, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, political belief, creed, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions or that cannot be accommodated, or conviction for which a pardon has been granted. However, where two or more applicants have comparable or equivalent skills and qualifications, preference shall be given, in the following order, to persons who are members of the Penticton Indian Band, to persons who are of the Okanagan Nation, to persons who are of Indigenous heritage, First Nation or Metis’. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.