Posting Date: 27th November, 2020
Reports to: Westhills Civil Superintendent
The K’uL Management Group was formed to foster the development of a sustainable economy for the Penticton Indian Band. K’uL Group is the “for profit” business investment and development division of the Penticton Indian Band and is the umbrella organization that holds the corporate business investments; it is responsible for the overall management of the band’s business portfolio.
Established in 1992, Westhills Aggregates specializes in the production and processing of sand and gravel, with an emphasis on crushing and screening of construction aggregates. In addition to the trucking and delivery of aggregates, Westhills Aggregates also conducts civil and earthworks construction, including road maintenance, site preparation, excavation, snow plowing/removal, water line and septic system installations.
Westhills Aggregates slowly developed and built up a civil works team, and now has formed its own division, as Westhills Civil. Westhills Civil, through its parent company, K’uL Group now has years of work ahead of it and requires a Foreman to join the team.
The Foreman reports directly to the Site Superintendent of Westhills Aggregates LP Civil Division, and is responsible for coordinating production and maintenance operations, managing production, attendance, punctuality and break times of assigned employees.
- Working from blueprints to layout and execute all types of excavations;
- Supervising the grading, bedding, and backfilling of all types of excavations;
- Proper assessment of material requirements;
- Conducting site checks prior to construction;
- Assist in the preparation of planning and scheduling crews and/or subcontractors as per the master schedule;
- Performance management of workers;
- Enforcing all safety requirements;
- Promote a healthy workforce.
- Develop and implement operational methods to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans, as laid out by the Site Superintendent;
- Monitor the performance of employees, and provide mentorship/guidance where appropriate. Liaise with the Site Superintendent to address serious issues or problems relating to employee discipline, or failure to adhere to policies, procedures and best practices;
- Assist in coordinating the performance of equipment maintenance by Westhills contract mechanic and service providers, based on the priorities provided by the Site Superintendent;
- Supervise, coordinate and assist in the documentation of worker training;
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate, and work with the Site Superintendent;
- Monitor safety performance and mentor employees to ensure the safe performance of work, and adherence to company policies and procedures;
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment of employees;
- Report to Site Superintendent on a daily basis;
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of High-School
- Minimum of 5 years’ operating experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ of civil construction experience
- minimum 3 years’ experience working in a supervisory position
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in tight spaces, and be familiar with underground pipe/waterline installation
- Ability to read and interpret plans
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Have a positive attitude and good character
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to transfer instructions into action efficiently
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge in Civil Construction/Underground Utility Construction
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Will be exposed to construction sites
- Will work in all weather conditions
K’uL Group of companies offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a great team and respectful work environment. If you are qualified and looking for an exciting and rewarding career respond with Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of: Officer, Human Resources, Email: [email protected].
The posting will remain open until filled.
The K’uL Management Group of companies provides equal employment opportunities to all, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, political belief, creed, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions or that cannot be accommodated, or conviction for which a pardon has been granted. However, where two or more applicants have comparable or equivalent skills and qualifications, preference shall be given, in the following order, to persons who are members of the Penticton Indian Band, to persons who are of the Okanagan Nation, to persons who are of Indigenous heritage, First Nation or Metis’. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.