Position: Finance Clerk
Posting Date: December 14th, 2020
Reports to: Controller
The K’uL Management Group was formed to foster the development of a sustainable economy for the Penticton Indian Band. K’uL Group is the “for profit” business investment and development division of the Penticton Indian Band and is the umbrella organization that holds the corporate business investments; it is responsible for the overall management of the band’s business portfolio.
K’uL Management Group is looking to hire a reliable Finance Clerk. The Finance Clerk is a full-time mid-level position reporting to the Controller. Under the direction of the Controller, the Finance Clerk will be responsible for a wide array of accounting and financial duties supporting the day to day accounting functions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general accounting ensuring effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. This position is also responsible for supporting project work as assigned towards effective and timely completions.
- Administer accounts payable (AP) for all assigned entities.
- Perform accounts payable processes by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of AP functions including prioritization and time mgmt.
- Maintain and clear filing to archives and destroy old documents within the established timeline.
- Ensure timely payments in accordance with authorization levels and contract obligations.
- Administer Accounts Receivable (AR) for all assigned entities.
- Perform accounts receivable duties as assigned.
- Support the Controller, and Intermediate Accountant in all aspects of routine financial administration.
- Assist with safeguarding information
- Collect and input financial data
- Provide confidential administrative support, reconciling master cards, note taking in various meetings, filing and other administrative support tasks as assigned, working with frequent interruptions.
- Contribute to developing efficient processes to ensure the smooth running of finance functions.
- Assist with calendar & fiscal year end activities as directed by the Controller (or designate).
- Download data from computerized systems and perform analysis as required including research and validation to determine accuracy.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements; and process daily cash sheet entries and receipts.
- Assist and reconcile accurate timely balance sheet reconciliations with the help of the intermediate accountant.
- Assist external auditors, as necessary, during their visits.
- Carry out other duties and special non-routine assignments as assigned by the Controller (or designate), requiring independent analysis, problem solving, creativity and innovation.
- Maintain financial process documentation.
- Compile and maintain up to date procedure manuals, describing daily, weekly, monthly and annual routines in sufficient detail to enable department coverage with minimal training.
- Assist with payroll timesheet entry, and payroll processing backup.
- Other duties as required.
- Successful objective completions, in a timely fashion
- Maintain confidentiality
- Reports to the Controller
- Provides support for Finance team
Skills & Qualifications
- Grade 12 and a recognized 2-year diploma in accounting
- Two years of recent related experience in a computerized accounting environment, one of which must be in a computerized accounts payable environment
- Payroll experience considered an asset
- Solid understanding of office procedures, bookkeeping and accounts payable principles.
- Proficiency in “g suite” and hands-on experience with spreadsheets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with others
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of employee, and financial information
- Ability to follow direction and procedures and work independently with flexible work habits
- Good organizational, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure, time constraints and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- Office setting
- Manual dexterity required to operate computer and peripherals
- Sitting at workstation for extended periods of time
- Overtime may be required
K’uL Group of companies offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a great team and respectful work environment. If you are qualified and looking for an exciting and rewarding career respond with Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of: Officer, Human Resources, Email: [email protected]. Posting will remain open until filled.
The K’uL Management Group of companies provides equal employment opportunities to all, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, political belief, creed, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions or that cannot be accommodated, or conviction for which a pardon has been granted. However, where two or more applicants have comparable or equivalent skills and qualifications, preference shall be given, in the following order, to persons who are members of the Penticton Indian Band, to persons who are of the Okanagan Nation, to persons who are of Indigenous heritage, First Nation or Metis’. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.