Position: Administrative Assistant
Posting Date: February 2, 2021
Reports to: General Manager
The K’uL Management Group was formed to foster the development of a sustainable economy for the Penticton Indian Band. K’uL Group is the “for profit” business investment and development division of the Penticton Indian Band and is the umbrella organization that holds the corporate business investments; it is responsible for the overall management of the band’s business portfolio.
Established in 1992, Westhills Aggregates specializes in the production and processing of sand and gravel, with an emphasis on crushing and screening of construction aggregates. In addition to the trucking and delivery of aggregates, Westhills Aggregates also conducts civil and earthworks construction, including road maintenance, site preparation, excavation, snow plowing/removal, water line and septic system installations.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the General Manager (GM) of Westhills Aggregates LP. The Administrative Assistant will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently, as well as a focus on General Bookkeeping such as data entry, processing payments, recording transactions, assisting the finance department, etc. The Administrative Assistant will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy. They are required to be energetic and flexible which will provide efficient and professional support to other staff members.
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner;
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members;
- General Bookkeeping, such as data entry, processing payments, recording transactions, assisting the finance department, etc.;
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information;
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner;
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents;
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution;
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels;
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member;
- Forward voicemail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member;
- Maintain office kitchen;
- Code and file material according to the established procedures;
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s databases;
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures;
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff;
- Assist in running the weight scale at Westhills Aggregates as required;
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment;
- Manage and maintain the flow of files and documents for projects and opportunities;
- Administer document control processes;
- Compile, log and distribute reports to meet for information, proposals, data records and transmittals;
- Set up administration files and ensure they are maintained in an organized and efficient manner;
- Prepare administration documentation and business correspondence;
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of high-school diploma
- Post-Secondary education in business, computers, office management, etc. preferred
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with others
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of employee and financial information
- Ability to follow direction and procedures and work independently as well as a contributing member of a team
- Good organizational, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure, time constraints and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Experience conducting negotiations
- Well developed mathematical skills
- Competence in the use of modern technology in an MS Office environment.
- 3+ years in an administrative support position, or related experience
- General Bookkeeping education/experience considered an asset
- Manual dexterity required to operate computer and peripherals
- Sitting at workstation for extended periods of time
- Interacts with employees, department managers, and the executive team
- Overtime as required
K’uL Group of companies offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a great team and respectful work environment. If you are qualified and looking for an exciting and rewarding career respond with Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of: Officer, Human Resources, Email: [email protected]. The posting will remain open until filled.
The K’uL Management Group of companies provides equal employment opportunities to all, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, political belief, creed, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions or that cannot be accommodated, or conviction for which a pardon has been granted. However, where two or more applicants have comparable or equivalent skills and qualifications, preference shall be given, in the following order, to persons who are members of the Penticton Indian Band, to persons who are of the Okanagan Nation, to persons who are of Indigenous heritage, First Nation or Metis’. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.