Position: Scale House Clerk
Posting Date: August 10, 2021
Reports to: General Manager
The K’uL Management Group was formed to foster the development of a sustainable economy for the Penticton Indian Band. K’uL Group is the “for profit” business investment and development division of the Penticton Indian Band and is the umbrella organization that holds the corporate business investments; it is responsible for the overall management of the band’s business portfolio
Established in 1992, Westhills Aggregates specializes in the production and processing of sand and gravel, with an emphasis on crushing and screening of construction aggregates. In addition to the trucking and delivery of aggregates, Westhills Aggregates also conducts civil and earthworks construction, including road maintenance, site preparation, excavation, snow plowing/removal, water line and septic system installations
The Scale House Clerk is responsible for scale house operations, process billing and office administrative support. Activities include operation of the scale software, recording all sales, providing pricing and sales information, scheduling and dispatching deliveries. Processing billing involves printing and filing of invoices on a daily and weekly basis. Office activities include customer service, operation of office equipment and the upkeep of inventory. The position will also require the employee to do some accounting, such as accounts receivable.
Starting as a Part-Time position that will eventually lead into Full-Time.
- Tare in and weigh out all trucks, vehicles on scale. Truck drivers to sign tickets. Finalize all cash/cheque sales.
- Provide price information on materials and delivery rates to customers.
- Assist customers with amounts of materials needed. Larger projects forwarded to the General Manager for quotes.
- Schedule deliveries of gravel sales. Order forms to be completed in full.
- Review orders before dispatching deliveries to drivers.
- Communicate with the loader operator on radio to let them know when trucks are entering the pit.
- Create bills for trucking time when drivers are on jobs by the hour.
- Separate and collate scale tickets from previous day in alphabetical order of customers names.
- Print and review invoice reports, making sure all tickets are accounted for and correct if adjustments are needed.
- File pink copies into invoice binding case.
- Forward total monthly invoice report to General Manager for final review.
- Make adjustments to tickets as directed by the General Manager.
- Prepare invoices and statements for mailing.
- Answer phones, give information to callers when necessary, screen and route calls to appropriate personnel. No personal information is to be given.
- Maintain a filing system.
- Operate office equipment such as printers, photocopiers, postage meters, fax machines, etc.
- Dust all equipment and front office area once a week, including top of filing cabinets. Air compressor to be used to clean printers.
- Keep inventory of all ordered forms ie: tickets, invoices, hired equipment, purchase orders and general office supplies.
- Carry out daily secretarial/clerk duties and data entry as required
- Administer Accounts Receivable where applicable, and perform AR duties as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of Secondary School
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- 1-3 years’ of customer service experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with others
- Good organizational, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure, time constraints and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow direction and procedures and work independently as well as a contributing member of a team
- Knowledge of best WorkSafeBC practices and workplace safety
- Knowledge of gravel pit operations
- Proficient computer skills
- Time management skills
- Make suggestions for improvements
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, coworkers and customers
- Respect diversity – treat others with respect
- Manual dexterity required to operate computer and peripherals
- Sitting at workstation for extended periods of time
- Interacts with customers, coworkers, management team
- Overtime as required
K’uL Group of companies offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a great team and respectful work environment. If you are qualified and looking for an exciting and rewarding career respond with Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of: Officer, Human Resources, Email: [email protected].
The posting will remain open until filled.
The K’uL Management Group of companies provides equal employment opportunities to all, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, political belief, creed, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions or that cannot be accommodated, or conviction for which a pardon has been granted. However, where two or more applicants have comparable or equivalent skills and qualifications, preference shall be given, in the following order, to persons who are members of the Penticton Indian Band, to persons who are of the Okanagan Nation, to persons who are of Indigenous heritage, First Nation or Metis’. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.