Labourer (2 Positions)
Posting Date: October 18, 2021
Reports to: Site Superintendent
The K’uL Management Group was formed to foster the development of a sustainable economy for the Penticton Indian Band. K’uL Group is the “for profit” business investment and development division of the Penticton Indian Band and is the umbrella organization that holds the corporate business investments; it is responsible for the overall management of the band’s business portfolio
Established in 1992, Westhills Aggregates specializes in the production and processing of sand and gravel, with an emphasis on crushing and screening of construction aggregates. In addition to the trucking and delivery of aggregates, Westhills Aggregates also conducts civil and earthworks construction, including road maintenance, site preparation, excavation, snow plowing/removal, water line and septic system installations.
Westhills Aggregates LP is looking to hire for two labourer positions starting on a three (3) month term employment.
Reporting to the Site Superintendent, the Labourer is responsible for providing physical labour support during all phases of construction and production. The Labourer provides a broad range of support in areas, such as, hand work, moving materials, clearing terrain, site preparation, shoveling and basic equipment operation.
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines
- Help equipment operators and other skilled labour when necessary
- Maintain sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards
- Load or unload construction materials
- Remove, fill, or compact earth
- Follow instructions from supervisors
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary
- Perform site clean-up
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- Operating equipment
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Have a positive attitude and a good character
- Strong work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work safely with a wide variety of hand and power tools as well as materials
- Ability to transfer instructions into action efficiently
- Previous experience in the construction industry
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Tight working spaces
- Will be exposed to construction sites
- Will work in all weather conditions
- Overtime as required
K’uL Group of companies offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a great team and respectful work environment. If you are qualified and looking for an exciting and rewarding career respond with Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of: Officer, Human Resources, Email: Jo[email protected].
The closing date for this posting is: November 1, 2021.
The K’uL Management Group of companies provides equal employment opportunities to all, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, political belief, creed, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions or that cannot be accommodated, or conviction for which a pardon has been granted. However, where two or more applicants have comparable or equivalent skills and qualifications, preference shall be given, in the following order, to persons who are members of the Penticton Indian Band, to persons who are of the Okanagan Nation, to persons who are of Indigenous heritage, First Nation or Metis’. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.